I’m not ready for this… I haven’t gotten a good picture yet, but James has had the perfect form for crawling quite a few times in the recent days. He has pushed up onto his hands for a while and he has been putting his legs underneath him to rock, but Tuesday was his first genuine crawling pose. It scares me to think of him crawling… he can already cover a lot of ground rather quickly just rolling!

We went to playgroup this morning. It is always so nice for the kids to play and I love talking with the other moms… I’m lucky to have met such a nice group of women! Jemma and the kids made trail mix as a treat before leaving playgroup. On the way home she asked “What’s this? What does this say?” at least 30 times… and everytime I responded with “It’s a M honey. There is a M stamped on every M&M candy. M starts words like Milk, Money…” And her response was “Oh. I like ‘M’s and I like candy. It is good for me.” And I would have to clarify yet again that M&M’s are a treat and they are not really good for you, so we have to save them for a special time. She really is my little girl… she loves chocolate!
Jemma has discovered that she can open the refrigerator on her own. She has been physically able to do it for a while, but we’ve been able to distract/discourage her from opening it until now. Today she asked for “delicious grapes” and I gave her a few. Apparently, I did not give her enough because she went into the refrigerator and pulled out a huge bunch and said, “Look I have a lot of delicious grapes.” I have my hands full…
Vicki brought Rae over tonight for a visit. She has grown so much and is quite the cute little girl. She and Jemma had fun playing… here they are with the jump rope.

I noticed again tonight how much easier it is to have another adult to help with bedtime. Both kids were not very cooperative getting to bed! It was after 9 before they both settled down and even now at 9:30 James is being restless. Jemma should nap well after no nap today...
Today is our 4 year anniversary. It has been a wonderful, fabulous, amazing 4 years. I love my husband more and more each day… and I didn’t think it was possible to love him more than the day that I married him! We had such a perfect wedding day… my only wish was to have it last longer… I loved having my friends and family there with us to celebrate… I had such FUN! Now, I wish my husband was here to snuggle on the couch with me. He is flying and he doesn’t land until after midnight… but at least I’ll have him home and beside me soon!!
Tomorrow we depart for Blacksburg. I’m so excited. I have not been back to VA Tech in almost a year. I love going back there… it is almost like going home again. We are going to take the kids to Hokie Bird’s birthday celebration and then to the football game on Saturday. Hopefully, we will play better this week against Ohio. I would love to see the Hokies win!
A recap of the last few days:
Monday
Mya spent Sunday night with us and I took the girls to school on Monday. Here are a couple of pictures of them just before heading off to school.




Tuesday (9/11)
James had pears Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He liked pears much better than bananas. He does know when it is time for food… he will not nurse and gives me a look that I interpret as “FEED ME NOW!” I made yams to try tomorrow. Here is Jemma feeding James some rice cereal.

Wednesday
While I was in the kitchen this morning, I heard Jemma talking in the living room (not unusual), but it was more than pretend talking. She had found my cell phone and called Jim at work. She was having a conversation with her Daddy… she certainly keeps me on my toes. James and I just spent a quiet morning at home while Jemma was at school. I had a few things that I needed to do and he needed a long, good nap. Jemma had a great day at school… the Tumble Bus was there and she reports that she got to jump. Although Jemma talks a lot, it is hard to actually get a clear picture of what exactly she did and learned at school. I’m really looking forward to the open house when we can talk with the teachers. Merin made lasagna and brought it over… so yummy and I didn’t have to cook!! :)
James had yams today and loves them. He will open his mouth and lunge at the spoon for more. Maybe he will like vegetables better than Jemma! Here is James in Jemma's swing... we can't use it because he just reaches out and stops the swing... I'm afraid it will hurt his little arms!
We went to playgroup this morning. It is always so nice for the kids to play and I love talking with the other moms… I’m lucky to have met such a nice group of women! Jemma and the kids made trail mix as a treat before leaving playgroup. On the way home she asked “What’s this? What does this say?” at least 30 times… and everytime I responded with “It’s a M honey. There is a M stamped on every M&M candy. M starts words like Milk, Money…” And her response was “Oh. I like ‘M’s and I like candy. It is good for me.” And I would have to clarify yet again that M&M’s are a treat and they are not really good for you, so we have to save them for a special time. She really is my little girl… she loves chocolate!
Jemma has discovered that she can open the refrigerator on her own. She has been physically able to do it for a while, but we’ve been able to distract/discourage her from opening it until now. Today she asked for “delicious grapes” and I gave her a few. Apparently, I did not give her enough because she went into the refrigerator and pulled out a huge bunch and said, “Look I have a lot of delicious grapes.” I have my hands full…
Vicki brought Rae over tonight for a visit. She has grown so much and is quite the cute little girl. She and Jemma had fun playing… here they are with the jump rope.
Today is our 4 year anniversary. It has been a wonderful, fabulous, amazing 4 years. I love my husband more and more each day… and I didn’t think it was possible to love him more than the day that I married him! We had such a perfect wedding day… my only wish was to have it last longer… I loved having my friends and family there with us to celebrate… I had such FUN! Now, I wish my husband was here to snuggle on the couch with me. He is flying and he doesn’t land until after midnight… but at least I’ll have him home and beside me soon!!
Tomorrow we depart for Blacksburg. I’m so excited. I have not been back to VA Tech in almost a year. I love going back there… it is almost like going home again. We are going to take the kids to Hokie Bird’s birthday celebration and then to the football game on Saturday. Hopefully, we will play better this week against Ohio. I would love to see the Hokies win!
A recap of the last few days:
Monday
Mya spent Sunday night with us and I took the girls to school on Monday. Here are a couple of pictures of them just before heading off to school.
Tuesday (9/11)
James had pears Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He liked pears much better than bananas. He does know when it is time for food… he will not nurse and gives me a look that I interpret as “FEED ME NOW!” I made yams to try tomorrow. Here is Jemma feeding James some rice cereal.
Wednesday
While I was in the kitchen this morning, I heard Jemma talking in the living room (not unusual), but it was more than pretend talking. She had found my cell phone and called Jim at work. She was having a conversation with her Daddy… she certainly keeps me on my toes. James and I just spent a quiet morning at home while Jemma was at school. I had a few things that I needed to do and he needed a long, good nap. Jemma had a great day at school… the Tumble Bus was there and she reports that she got to jump. Although Jemma talks a lot, it is hard to actually get a clear picture of what exactly she did and learned at school. I’m really looking forward to the open house when we can talk with the teachers. Merin made lasagna and brought it over… so yummy and I didn’t have to cook!! :)
James had yams today and loves them. He will open his mouth and lunge at the spoon for more. Maybe he will like vegetables better than Jemma! Here is James in Jemma's swing... we can't use it because he just reaches out and stops the swing... I'm afraid it will hurt his little arms!
1 comment:
Hm, Jemma seems to be a lot like Hannah...you definitely have your hands full!!
I hope your trip to B'burg was as wonderful as ours! :o)
Post a Comment