Christmas

Christmas

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Germs!

Germs are not good... especially for kids. Jemma is finally feeling much better (she even went to school on Monday), but now James is sick. He started with a little cold on Saturday. We took him to the doctor on Monday and she verified that it is "just" a cold. He has been running a fever (not over 102) off and on and has a deep, terrible cough. Unfortunately, there is little we can do except wait.

And of course, we had grand plans for this holiday. We were supposed to leave yesterday and be in CT today. We were supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving and Jemma's 3rd birthday tomorrow. Then, on Friday, we were supposed to shower Suzanne and Andy in preparation for Baby Girl Bates. Instead, I sent my wonderful husband and daughter off this morning. James and I are staying behind. I am happy that Jim and Jemma get this Dad-Daughter bonding time. And Jemma has been looking forward to seeing her relatives and having her Grandmother make a teddy bear shaped chocolate cake for her birthday, so I could not deny her that delight. But selfishly, I want to be with my baby girl on her birthday. And I'm sad that I will not get to visit with Ken, Karen and Elizabeth... they live so far away and the time that we get to spend with them is too little. And I am so sad that I will not be at Suzanne's shower. We have been planning this for a while... the best laid plans, right?!? I'm off to comfort a crying baby boy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your unfortunate change of plans- hope you have a great holiday despite this! Happy (early) Thanksgiving.
Deb