This is an awesome sight... one of my favorite things (taken 12/4):
I love to see my husband's flight boots... it means that he is home! :) Unfortunately, tonight he is still on the ship. He is scheduled to be back tomorrow; however, it is a Navy schedule which means that you believe it when it happens... how I wish I could see those boots by the front door now! I miss my husband when he is away...
I counted the days for next year that he is "scheduled" to be home/away. Right now, he is scheduled to be home for 133 days. I cannot complain... I have been so, so lucky to have him as much as I have during our years together. I knew a cruise was coming... we've done work-ups once and we missed the associated cruise because he went to Quantico. I was grateful that he had the opportunity to go to school and spend the weekends with us... I loved being able to talk to him at night and I knew that he could come home if anything major were to happen. Now, we are facing work-ups beginning in Feb. and a cruise in the Fall. I am going to have to start begging friends and family to come visit to make the time pass more quickly! A 7 or 8 month cruise seems like such a long time to have him away. I have such a respect for the wives of soldiers who are on the ground and deployed for a year or more at a time...
I am off to bed... here is hoping my husband flies safely back tomorrow!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment