Christmas

Christmas

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday

James slept well last night. He slept until 5 this morning in his crib, then we brought him to bed with us until 8... he nursed very frequently during this 3 hour stretch and I didn't mind since I was able to stay mostly asleep and we could just cuddle. I love being able to make him feel better by snuggling and cuddling and nursing! I think there may be a tooth starting to bother our little man...
We woke to Jemma calling for her daddy. She is usually really good about staying in her bed until we come get her. She does call out, "Daddy, I'm awake" or "The sun is up" or "Do you hear me?" And she will call for us progessively louder until we come and get her. She knows that we monitor her and she knows that we respond to our little alarm clock. It is so nice to be greeted by our little sunshine! Jim took her to MyGym for a makeup session since we are going to miss this Friday. They went to Rigeleto for lunch afterwards and brought lunch (panini with fresh mozzerla, tomatoes and basil) home for me, too! It was so yummy. And Daddy bought a cupcake for Jemma as a special treat... he can be such a softy sometimes! :)
After lunch, Jim and Jemma went to have the minivan (aka, the Red Dragon) washed by the Chief selectees on base. It looks so, so nice now! A clean car is great. And they got Jemma a backpack for school... a Hello Kitty pink backpack! Jim says that she spied it on the top shelf and asked for it specifically. I can't believe that my baby girl is going to preschool in a few short weeks. How fast the time flies.
While they were out, James woke from his nap crying. I picked him up and rocked him back to sleep. This was a rare thing for us. I did it all the time for Jemma and it was always so nice to just rock and sing lulabyes while she snuggled. Usually, I have my Jemma who wants or needs something, so I have to wisk James up from his nap and onward. Today, it was quiet and James just snuggled against me and we rocked and I sang. Jemma's favorite was "Twinkle, twinkle." I wonder what James' favorite will be... right now it seems to be twinkle, twinkle but maybe that is because I want it to be...
Here is James napping on Jim this afternoon. Jim is such a wonderful and loving father.

Jim mowed the lawn this afternoon. Of course, Jemma had to get out her little lawn mower and mow after her nap. She is so cute... she loves to do anything and everything her Daddy does! She told me during dinner that she is going to fly a jet. Then she told me that she touched a bomb. Yes, she did in fact... Jim took her to the hanger this afternoon and she touched the jet and a bomb that was nearby. How many 2 year olds can claimed to have done those things?!?
We went for our nightly walk and the weather was perfect! Jemma played with some little kids, petted three dogs, jumped and balanced over the speed bumps, and ran over/around every manhole. Our nightly walk took over an hour and we didn't even make it to the end of the neighborhood!
This is James just before taking a bath. I tried to get Jemma's picture because she looked so cute in her Hokie shirt, but she would not hold still! The bottom picture is of Jemma and her daddy "Sharing" pudding. They made pudding together Wednesday night when I was at the commissary. Now I'm off to snuggle with my wonderful husband...

1 comment:

Rach said...

Preschool?? Jemma's going to preschool?? Already?? How did she get so big so fast??