Christmas

Christmas

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Do nothing sort of day...

James is still not quite feeling himself, although he did really enjoy playing outside today. Jemma still has an achy tummy and diarrhea. And I seem to have the yicky tummy too. So, we dared not venture out and basically did nothing today but play and lounge. (I did make a trip to the recycling center, so there was one productive thing accomplished!)

WARNING: Too much information and pretty gross, but I have to share this story...

Jemma went upstairs to get dressed while I finished with James and breakfast. She started yelling for me to come upstairs. I sent James up the stairs and followed behind him. He picked up Jemma's pj's off the floor and is happily holding them while walking around the room. Jemma says, "Mommy I had gas and the poop just flew out." I sighed, shook my head, and explained that sometimes when our tummies don't feel so good, it just happens. Then I ask where her underwear are... she replies that she wasn't wearing any... she was just wearing her pjs... the ones that James is holding/waving around... I had such fun cleaning the carpet, James, Jemma... one day when she is much older, I will have to share this story with her!

Here are the kids playing out front this morning. Jemma is explaining to me that this is where the gas goes:


James can't reach the pedals yet, so Jemma is being a very good big sister and pushing him:
Jemma is tracing me with chalk, while James is looking for rocks and dirt:
Jemma waiting for me to trace her... we have several outlines on our driveway today! :)

Jemma and James playing in the sandbox:


Such a beautiful, wonderful day!!! Our neighbor, Kara, went strawberry picking and shared some wonderful berries with us. About 3:00, I took Jemas upstairs to try to get him to take an afternoon nap (didn't happen) and while I was rocking him, I heard chairs moving in the kitchen. I came downstairs to find Jemma washing the strawberries. (You can see the Rice Krispy treats that we made earlier, too.)
As I put Jemma to bed tonight, I told her that Granny and Papa would be here in the morning. She asked if she could wake them and I said Yes... then she asked if she could tickle them awake... I gave them warning and we'll just have to see what happens! :)
*******************************
One of Jemma's new favorite games is to take all the pillows from the couch and pretend play. Her first and favorite pretend was that she made a cacoon and she went in as a catapillar and came out as a beautiful butterfly. Her next pretend was that she is a ladybug and this is her ladybug house. Her third pretend was that it was raining and she had to build a shelter to get out of the rain. She has a pretty good imigination... and I try to encourage it!
*****************
This afternoon, Jemma climbed into my lap and said, "Jennifer Bates, I love you." I laughed and said "I love you, too." That is the first time that she has used my real/full name! Too cute... but I still prefer "Mommy" from my little girl...
****************************
Tuesday night, Jemma and I were snuggling after reading books and talking about everything... I don't remember the whole conversation, but it ended with her talking about doing Aunt Karen & Aunt Suzanne's makeup the previous weekend. I said, "Aunt Karen and Aunt Suzanne are very pretty." To which my little angel replied, "Mommy, you are very pretty, too." I just melted... how absolutely sweet...
********************
I have gotten no email from my husband today... I miss contact with him... I miss his voice... I did get an 8 minute and 33 second phone call last Sunday, but that seems like too long ago... I'm off to bed now... I need sleep!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Poor Jemma and the faux gas. It has happened to all of us at some point. I'm just sorry you had a bit of erm, cleaning to do as a result.

I hope you all feel better soon.
HUGS!

P.S. The Jemma-isms are WONDERFUL. :o)