Christmas

Christmas

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The things Jemma says...

On Thursday we were driving in the car and randomly Jemma comments, "I want to sell my car."
I reply, "Which car, sweetie?"
She replies, "This one. The red dragon." (Yes, my husband decided that our cars needed nicknames... the red dragon, the blue flash and the green lizard.)
I reply, "What would we do if we sold our car?"
She replies, "I want a new one. I want a gold one."
I reply, "Why do you want a gold one?"
Jemma says, "It has lots of pretty colors."
I say, "What do you mean?"
She replies, "When the sun shines on it, it gets all pretty colors."
I reply, "So you like the reflection of the colors?"
"Yes." Then she pauses and says, "Maybe we should buy two pink ones."
I am curious, "Why two pink ones?"
She replies, "One for me and one for you."

Ah, I thought... she thinks she will be driving soon?!? Then the little conversation was over and she began singing songs.

*******************************
Friday afternoon on the way home from school this was her unprompted commentary:
"I like Top Gun. It is a good movie. It has bad language so Daddy has to skip some parts. I like Daddy's jet movies too. It has music so we can rock out. Nimmo is my second favorite movie. Mommy, why does Dory help Nimmo's Daddy?" Then we talked about doing good deeds and helping others... it was a good little conversation, but I'm still not sure how or why she began talking about movies.

She picks up on everything that she hears and you just never know when or how it will come out of her little mouth...

No comments: