Jim arrived home on Wednesday night. He had a long day at work on Thursday, then departed early Friday morning for the Naval Academy. He briefed at 7, they took off at 8:30 and he called me from Annapolis at 9:30. I was still packing and getting the kids ready at 9:30... how I would love to take a jet sometime...

James had not slept well Thursday. He was running a slight fever, was not eating well and had gotten sick Friday morning. I debated not going at all, but I'm glad that we did! He was a trooper.
We had a fabulous time at the Naval Academy last weekend. Jim's mom came down from CT and I can't express how wonderful it was! She arrived Friday night and Jemma was so excited! Jim and I went out in Annapolis to visit some friends without the kids after she arrived... we walked back by the chapel and remembered our wedding day, which was an absolutely perfect day for us!! :) James was asleep when we left and still asleep when we returned. Jemma was looking at pictures and talking with Mary when we left. She had not napped in the car, so when she did finally go to bed, she slept wonderfully!
The Navy-AirForce game was on Saturday. Tracy came up Saturday morning and brought us breakfast. As she arrived, Jim departed for Andrews AFB. We got the kids ready and walked from our room in the BOQ to the stadium. It was a glorious day... almost summerlike! We met up with my neighbors, who are season ticket holders for USNA. They had rented a bouncy house for their tailgate, so Jemma (our little Navy cheerleader) was thrilled.
She bounced and we enjoyed the atmosphere before the game. As the pre-game festivities began, I noticed that EVERYONE was so incredibly nice... it was a very good place to watch a football game!
Jim and his squadron-mates did the fly-by, which was wonderful. It was a 4 plane and their formation was perfect! Nicki and Abby joined us on the hill to watch the game. (Her husband, Luke "Crash" was doing the fly-by too!)
We watched the Navy midshipmen win a great game, Jemma gave Bill the Goat a high five when he came into the stands (this is a big deal for a 2 year old... she is still talking about that high-five), and we got to watch Daddy fly over... it doesn't get much better than that! Plus, when Jim arrived, we moved from the hill to the Superintendent's tent... quite nice!
After the game, we walked back to the BOQ. Here is Jim and his Mom in front of the stadium.
As we were walking, there was a little boy (about 5 or 6) that kept saying "Is that the guy who flew the SuperHornet? Did he flyover? Is he a pilot?" Jim had not heard him, but I did... so I asked Jim if he could just speak to the little boy... Jim turned said "Hello" and the little guy saluted him and stood at attention. It could not have been any cuter!!! It was funny to see one of the midshipmen position himself to walk beside Jim, too. My husband can talk to anyone... I just had to take this picture!
Tracy was so generous and thoughtful. She brought chicken, cheese, pepperoni, and dip and we had a picnic in the BOQ room after the game. Before the kids crashed, we walked downtown and had ice cream. Here we are at the end of the day!
Here is Jemma giving Tracy a kiss goodbye!
We had a relaxing Sunday morning. Here are the kids playing with Mary.
She bought Jemma a doll house, so they spent quite a while playing with it while we packed and prepared to leave. James still was not feeling himself. I had packed lots of food for the weekend and I brought almost all of it back home with me! Very unusaul for our "little" man.
It was such a nice weekend... now we are back home and enjoying our little routines!
No comments:
Post a Comment