The roads and cars were yellow this morning. It was as if we had snow flurries, but only it was yellow! I love seeing the blooming flowers and blossoming trees, and I am happy to be headed into warmer weather. But I wonder... does time pass more quickly as you age?!? I have never felt like time is passing so fast, even with Jim gone. I feel like I need more hours in the day to get everything done. And, yikes it is 10:45 now as I type and I need to get myself to bed!
Jemma had a little incident at school today. It is never a good thing when the teacher walks out to "greet" you in the carpool line. It seems as if Jemma smacked a little girl in the face. I asked the teacher if something provoked her or if they were fighting or if it was done intentionally... I've never seen Jemma just hit someone. (Ok, she has hit her brother...) The teacher replied that she saw nothing out of the ordinary, but immediately after the incident, Jemma just kept glaring at the other little girl. I tried to ask Jemma what happened, but all she kept saying was that the other little girl hit her. We talked about sharing, not hitting, asking the teacher for help if there is a problem or conflict. I hope all our talking equates to no more hitting. I would really love to know exactly what transpired in that classroom...
Otherwise, it was a pretty routine day. It was beautiful and sunny out, but the wind was blowing with quite a chill, so we played inside this afternoon. We had a yummy dinner, even if I did cheat and use mac-n-cheese from a box. (It is so easy to make it from scratch if you have the right ingredients, but I haven't made a full fledged grocery store run so we are low on cheese and milk!)
We went to the library after dinner for family story time. It was nice because it was just Jemma, Mya, James, me and another little girl who was probably 6. The librarian read two books, sang 3 songs with the kids, and then they got to color and eat goldfish. James had a blast just walking around the little classroom! He is such a happy little boy... here is he after lunch with Oreo on his face! 

2 comments:
I agree with you- time does seem to go much faster as we get older... and I don't even have kids :)
As I teacher I can say it's always the kid that strikes back that gets in trouble. My guess is the other little girl did something to provoke Jemma, she responded, and was the one caught. It is ALWAYS the way. Think about it, who draws the personal foul at a football game? They guy that retaliates. It sure isn't fair though, is it.
Poor Jemma. :o(
Meanwhile the pollen is killing me! Ugh.
And, I just need to add that to me, James is looking more and more like you. :o)
Post a Comment