Christmas

Christmas

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Scout update

I haven't posted on Scout for a while, and there is little to report. Every test that has been run has returned with normal results. She had gained to 8 lb 6 oz, but got a cold and lost some weight and is currently at 8 lb 4 oz. She still has a feeding tube with the high calorie special formula. She still has reflux. Her seizures are under control with medication. Merin thinks that she may be suffering from allergies because she keeps rubbing her eyes and her nose is very runny and she seems unusually uncomfortable. They are treating her for a sinus infection.

Merin has a referral with a Children's Hospital in DC, but has yet to go through all the hoops to be seen. She had an appointment on Monday at CHKD where the dr hinted that they suspect a mitochondrial disorder (I have no idea what that means and haven't had a chance to really discuss it with Merin yet), but that requires a muscle biopsy and Scout is very little to have that procedure done.

Basically, Scout and her family need prayer and positive thoughts. Merin is a very strong woman... I honestly do not know if I could handle things as wonderfully as she is. Especially since Kelly has to continue doing his job, which currently has him in NV.

Mya is proving to be a really easy-going and well adjusted little girl and we are lucky that she and Jemma get along wonderfully. We truly enjoy having Mya spend time with us!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oh, no. I was SO hoping to hear some incredible news. I continue to pray for Scout and her family. Thank you for continuing to keep us informed.