Christmas

Christmas

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Two days down...

Overall, we had a good day. I could not get myself out of bed when the alarm went off at 6:30, so I waited until Jemma woke at 6:55. We all had cereal together and I had Jemma's lunch packed before the kids finished eating. (I cheated today... there was no creativity in her lunch. It was yogurt, a pear, watermelon and Lizard Fuel. The Lizard Fuel was leftover from her trip out with Daddy on Friday to Munden's.) Both kids were dressed and ready to head out the door at 8:15, so they got to watch TV for 15 minutes while I showered and got ready for the day!

James and I played outside for a little while this morning, but it was a hot, humid day so we didn't stay out too long. The transition to James taking one nap a day is driving me crazy... sometimes he is ready by 11, then other days it is close to 2 before he wants to nap. And today he fell asleep in the car on the way to pick Jemma up at school. Thankfully, he stayed asleep the entire trip to and from school. And he even slept for 1 1/2 hours when we returned home! :)

This evening we went to Amy's house for her son's birthday. There were lots of kids and they all had a blast! We ate pizza and cake and ice cream. Both kids were tired when we arrived home and went straight to the tub. After reading James three books, he said "Bed, bed..." and lunged for his crib. I think he was asleep before I closed his door. Jemma was exhausted but still tried to use stall tatics ("I want a snack"... no way we just had cake and ice cream.) ("Mommy, I have to tell you a secret"... which is in a made up language.) ("Mommy, I want you to snuggle"... ok, but just for a little while. I have to leave before I do fall asleep!) (Finally, "Mommy, I need cough medicine"... ok, so I did forget to give her cough medicine.) Now, it is time for me to get myself to bed... there is lots to do tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amy Barker said...

Hey Jen -
I've been thinking about you guys! It sounds like you are surviving the first few days. Matt will be leaving on Tuesday so we need to get together!
The kids look great on your blog. I love the cookie monster outfit.