Christmas

Christmas

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend

The weekend was fun! On Saturday, we had pajama day at home. We stayed in our pajamas until after lunch! The kids watched TV and played while I vaccummed, did laundry and cleaned. (I did snuggle on the couch with them for a little while, too!) :)

When James woke from his nap, I had the VT football game on. He wanted a snack, so I gave him crackers... he was content to lounge on the couch and eat while watching the game! I went to an OSC (Officer Spouse Club) Meeting and left the kids with a sitter. My parents arrived before I returned from the meeting. Jemma was thrilled because Granny gave her a snack and let her stay up late playing!

Sunday morning I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. When I was finished cooking breakfast, I started the chili for our Fall Festival. I was afraid that we were not going to have many entries for our chili tasting contest because there were not very many RSVPs. Here is my "recipe" for chili...
- About 2 lbs ground beef (browned and drained)
Put in the crockpot.
Sautee 1/2 chopped onion in olive oil with:
- Two green peppers (one from my pot on the back deck and one from my parents)
- Two small green peppers that I thought were jalepneos (but when I cut them, they weren't hot at all!)
Put in crockpot with:
- 2 jars of my Mom's canned tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans organic red kidney beans
- 2 cans organic pinto beans
- Chili powder (I started with 2 Tbsp, but it was not enough... so I dumped more in... have no idea how much.)
- 4 bay leaves
Then, I realized that I forgot to add garlic to the sautee earlier, so I added some garlic salt.
Turn crockpot on low and let simmer!

Then, we went to church. James does NOT like the nursery at Tabernacle. But, Jemma really likes it! :)

Our neighborhood Fall Festival began at 3. We had such a perfect afternoon! I was so, so glad that my parents were here to take care of the kids. I was able to help set up and help make sure that everyone was enjoying the games and contests. The beer guessing contest was a huge hit!
Here is Jemma doing the Mummy wrap contest. (She is the ballerina fairy.)
James napped until after 4. My mom stayed home so he could nap! It was nice enough that he was able to wear his Bob the Builder costume. We had 7 entries for the chili contest. My chili won 1st place!! Yippie!!!! After the festival, my parents had to head home. And the kids were tired from all the activity, so they went to bed just before 8! :)
James "playing" the shaky eggs in his Bob the Builder costume:


Granny and Papa watching the kids make music and be silly:Jemma saying good-bye to Papa:

No comments: